A Portrait Of Joan: An Autobiography Of Joan Crawford
It starts with a telegram. MGM wires young Lucille LeSueur to tell her that she's been placed under contract at a princely $75 a week, and is expected to report immediately to Hollywood, California. A fresh-faced 17-year-old with big eyes and an air of elegance, she would go on to become one of the greatest stars in Hollywood history: the fabulous Joan Crawford.
Through four marriages, countless cocktail parties, and more than one hundred appearances in film and television, Joan lived the life of a legend from the first day she stepped onto the back lot. After becoming famous in the silent era, by 1938 she was dubbed "Box Office Poison," and her career was considered over, but Crawford never quit. Over the next forty years, she clawed her way back to the top, and in this engaging autobiography, she tells her story her way.
Includes a new foreword by Joan's grandson and a 16-page photo insert.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Graymalkin Media
- ISBN-13: 9781631681134
- ISBN: 1631681133
- Publication Year: 2019