by Boluss, Richard Stone (ILT); Bolus, Jim (1994)
Description: First Edition. Nice clean copy, clothbound, in a slipcase. Some smudges on title page. First Edition. Signed, "With warmest wishes to my old friend, George Blackwell. Richard Stone Reeves 11/4/94" Includes portraits of well known horses such as Man O' War and Secretariat! . Published by Natl Book Network 1994 Near Fine Condition. In our Sir Barton store.Dimensions: Item Format: Hardback
Synopsis: Featuring original paintings by Richard Stone Reeves, Royal Blood celebrates Reeves' five decades among the finest sporting painters of the modern era with paintings of the world's greatest Thoroughbreds. Each of the 50 chapters opens with Mr. Reeves' personal recollections, which serve as a prelude to thorough historical profiles by award-winning turf writer Jim Bolus. The presentations include full pedigrees of each subject, plus sketches and photographs used by Mr. Reeves to construct his portraits.
- Condition: Used - Fine/Like New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardback
- Date: 1994
- Listing Date: 04/12/2019